Veterinary Technician/AssistantVillage Oak Veterinary Hospital – Modesto, CA 95357
Seeking a dedicated full time veterinary technician/assistant for a busy multiple doctor practice in Modesto/Manteca. Veterinary experience is required. The ideal candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Rooming clients and their pets, client education, animal handling, assisting doctors, and filling prescriptions.
This is a full time position that requires alternating Saturdays. Reliable transportation is mandatory. Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Veterinary technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processed
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
Veterinary Assistants work closely with our veterinarians and assist them throughout the day with patients and cases. Veterinary Assistants help educate clients on responsible pet care. They ensure each pet receives all service and treatment recommendations accurately and in an efficient and timely manner.
Ceres Veterinary Clinic – Ceres, CA 95307
$13 – $15 an hour
Are you a warm, outgoing and enthusiastic veterinary SuperStar who is passionate about animals? Do you have top notch communication skills and strong attention to detail? If so, this is the position for you!
A successful veterinary practice in Ceres has an immediate opening for a full-time Veterinary Assistant. The position requires at least two years experience as a Veterinary Assistant, however the candidate is not required to be an RVT. Some duties include, but are not limited to rooming patients, taking patient histories from pet parents, taking TPR's and weighing patients. The successful candidate will have technical skills such as ear cleaning, IV catheter placement, drawing blood, and running laboratory equipment, as well as have knowledge of common veterinary medications, flea treatments, heart-worm prevention and prescription foods.
If you are enthusiastic about learning and have excitement when trying new things, you need to apply today! We have a fun and unique interview process, and if you are a “go-getter” ready to advance your career, then don’t pass up this opportunity!
If you are selected to participate in the interview process for this position we will notify you via the email address provided in the application process. Please be sure to monitor your junk mail folder to ensure you receive communication from us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Veterinary Wellness Center
VIP Petcare189 reviews – Turlock, CA 95361
$14 an hour – Part-time
Apply On Company Site
VIP Petcare is the premier provider of pet wellness and non-emergency veterinary services. We deliver affordable, and convenient veterinary services in a friendly, positive environment. Our Wellness Centers provide high quality preventive and wellness pet care services, including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, preventative medications, microchipping, nail trims, and more! VIP Petcare Clinic Assistants are committed to pet health and wellness! The assistant provides professional, efficient, and positive support to our clients, pets, and doctors. They’ll answer client questions, and walk them through our clinic process.
- Keeping the examination areas clean and ready for patients
- Preparing vaccines
- Holding pets for wellness procedures and sample collection
- Preparing samples for outside laboratory testing
- Making recommendations for services and products aligned with our Standard of Care
- Leading a culture of safety in your center
- Collecting payment and reviewing discharge paperwork with clients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service or sales experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work schedule, which includes varied days and times, most weekends, and some holiday work
- Reliable transportation to center
- Must successfully pass criminal background check
Skills and Abilities
- Must enjoy and be comfortable working with primarily dogs and cats of all sizes, temperaments and breeds, including handling and lifting animals as necessary
- Present professional appearance and positive conduct
- Punctuality and dependability highly valued
- Knowledge of basic sales principles and application while making recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
Environment and Physical
- Lifting up to 150 pounds assisted, and 50 pounds without assistance
- Standing, walking, and moving about for prolonged periods of time
- VIP Petcare is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.